Monday 28 January 2019

Unpacking the matrix on LCS at HHS

Staff were presented with the matrix we are measuring ourselves against.

It was an interesting exercise to complete and I'm still not finished. From within it, I was able to generate two more goals to work on in our practice in visual arts, and it also gives me something to work with our staff in aligning practice.


What I really liked about this exercise is that it was a way of quietly starting off each learner's mindset with LCS again, it was non-confrontational and we could set our own pace. 

I would like to have spent more time with the solo stuff at the start, but this does give us the scope to go back to SOLO and LCS midterm perhaps. 





2 comments:

  1. Hi Rowena
    Great to catch up with you again today- it has been too long. This looks like a valuable day and made me wonder how your staff would look at it following the distance learning experience?
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora, I think somehow I have turned off notifications for blog comments... just found this one by accident. Thank you for reading my post. I do strongly feel that visible learning really got through as a significant part of what we need to do as kaiako following our lockdown. Suddenly there as a need to ensure work was on sites and sites were more up to date and update-able. Prior to lockdown we went through elements that we wanted staff to ensure were on their sites and set staff up with something of a concrete and specific checklist. That meant that we had something to measure ourselves against for the moment going into this too. A focus this year has been on high leverage practices as identified by Woolf Fisher. I read those quotes now under the scale and think HLP's are a more succinct, to the point version of them. While we have dedicated a lot of our emphasis to HLP's this year prior to covid 19, I do notice now, in my role as a PLG leader that even though a number of staff engage in using them, they are not always aware of their doing so. I had such amazing conversations with my PLG group on Monday where we spent most of our time identifying they are already using the HLP's so how do we strengthen and make this intentional, directed practice? It's awesome they are already doing it obviously, but when you are focussed on doing so, you are as I see it, going to do a better job of it and notice how you can amplify your intentions.

      Delete