Saturday 8 June 2019

Notes on what my tai is focussing on


Rough Notes from meeting with Deirdre and Terry. I have chosen not to tidy them up for the purpose of authenticity. 

LEARN:
Focusing Inquiry

“What is important (and therefore worth spending time on) given where my students are at?”

My hunch:
how language is used is important to maintaining a positive trajectory.

my hypothesis: that Language - how it is crafted to deliberately empower those using it.
Singular to plural. the language of possibilities
inflecting your voice at the end. Some of what I have read recently debates the language of possibilities. Ronald Rebore 2002. So I know I need to flesh this out further.

Terry observing the planning process between myself and Katie Tozer.

Observing the outcome as a staff meeting with distributed leadership present.

Guiding people 
- Say what you think, say why you are using valid information. (data is any valid information not just numbers, no anecdotal stuff though)
- Check in for others thoughts around what you have just said and why. Argryss and Schon. Invite critique back.





Getting another staff member for a day to observe when I could be doing these things and when I do them well.
Some specific examples of where the language was used well. Purpose of asking Liisa to observe for . day is to be more consistent about how I craft language to enable and empower their responsibility and collective accountability.


Is this a smart goal? How am I going to measure it?

Impact on myself -  see above
Impact on my colleagues - use the leadership dimension as a feedback tool 

Impact on my or our rangatahi - 
What does it look like?
Students understanding of LCS in practice. 
Could select a range of classes across the school and measure their understanding now and then following the meeting re-measure based on what impact I might have had 





No comments:

Post a Comment